November 6-10, 2017 is Winter Hazard Awareness in Minnesota.  Indoor winter safety is the topic of discussion today.  Does your home have CO alarms?  Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and invisible gas.  CO leaks or buildup in your home can cause CO poisoning with symptoms including headache, tiredness, vomiting and disorientation.  During the winter months, be sure to shovel snow away from furnace, fireplace and dryer vents to prevent CO buildup.  Carbon monoxide alarms should be installed within 10 feet of each sleeping room in your home.  Test alarms regularly.  If your CO alarm sounds and you are feeling ill, call 911 immediately.  If you are not feeling ill, open doors and windows for ventilation and call your utility company.  Remember, carbon monoxide kills.

For more information about carbon monoxide, radon, mold, asbestos exposure and lead poisoning, visit the Minnesota Department of Public Safety website.

More From KFIL