Man Arraigned in Rochester Convenience Store Shooting
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) -- The man who was arrested as the suspect in a shooting outside a Rochester convenience store last week was arraigned Monday on attempted murder, felony assault, and other charges.
Bail for 38-year-old Lionell Bailey of Rochester was set at $1 million. The shooting occurred early Wednesday outside of the Holiday store at the intersection of North Broadway and 7th St. NW.
The criminal complaint says a man who was with Bailey told police he went inside the store and heard several shots. He returned to the car and saw a pistol in Bailey’s lap. They then drove off.
Bailey is accused of firing several shots at a man who was walking near the car on June 15. The man wasn’t hit but a bullet entered a nearby occupied apartment.
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
Bailey was apprehended Friday after police tracked his phone to a gas station in Winona.
Bailey is ineligible to possess a firearm after he was convicted in Illinois for attempted sexual assault. His next court date is June 30.