Fans Can Unite on May 4th for Star Wars at Rochester’s Drive-In Theater
May 4th is a big day for Star Wars fans around the country. If you're a fan in southeast Minnesota you can watch the original film on the big screen at the drive-in theater at the Olmsted Co. Fairgrounds in Rochester.
Rochester My Home, along with 125 LIVE, Olmsted County Fair, and other partners, are bringing back the drive-in theater this summer and they plan to show dozens of movies over the next few months on the largest screen in town.
Brandon Helgeson, the founder of Rochester My Home, said: "After our success with our fall and holiday drive-in series, we feel the time is right to come back with our programming aimed at aiding our community, said We were able to raise funds for
Channel One and other organizations. Along with that, we created a social activities fund for area PTAs and PTSAs that they can access a fund match to put on events and activities for our local school-age children. It’s important after the year we have all faced that we continue to find ways to give back to our community in a positive manner.”
The outdoor movies will start on Tuesday, May 4th with Star Wars – A New Hope.
The Empire Strikes Back will play Friday evening.
And, Star Wars – Return of the Jedi will be the featured film on Saturday.
For ticket info, click here.
A press release sent Monday morning explains:
• This Nonprofit Collaboration will provide a variety of movies for all ages.
• There will be an assortment of other activities, including a local music festival with partner Wear Local Clothing
• Concessions along with prepackaged treat bags will be available.
• Prices will range from FREE up to $35 for VIP Parking
• We have worked directly with Olmsted County Public Health and will comply with all Minnesota Department of Health and CDC guidelines.
The History Center of Olmsted County will also have a drive-in set up this summer. Check out their lineup below.
2021 Drive-In Movies at the Olmsted Co. History Center