Peak Energy Alert from Tri-County Electric
Rushford, MN (July 27, 2015)— Tri-County Electric Cooperative (TEC) is issuing a peak energy alert to address the high demand for electricity in the regional power market. TEC asks members to help by reducing their electric use. TEC will begin full load control from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. This includes peak alert account generators, manual shut down accounts and irrigators. Members participating in the cooperative’s load management programs for water heaters and air conditioners will also be controlled. Members can check out the load control status links on TEC’s website, www.tec.coop, for specific control parameters. Everyone, whether a cooperative member or not, can help reduce energy use by practicing a few simple conservation measures:
- Set thermostats no lower than 78 degrees. Use a programmable thermostat with your air conditioner to adjust the setting at night or when no one is home.
- Use ceiling and portable fans to enhance the cooling ability of your air conditioner. Even mild air movement can make you feel cooler.
- Draw shades or blinds to prevent the sun from adding more heat to the room.
- Try to avoid chores requiring electrical use such as running the dishwasher and doing laundry during peak energy use periods (11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays).
- Make sure your air conditioner filters are clean for peak efficiency.