Here’s How to Text 911 For Help In Southeast Minnesota
You're in a situation where you want to call 911, but you can't (like maybe because you can't be seen talking on the phone). So instead, text 911. How do you do it?
HOW TO TEXT 911 (From the Minnesota Department of Safety)
- Enter the numbers 911 in the "To" field.
- The text message should include your location and type of emergency.
- Make sure to let them know if you're deaf, blind, hard of hearing, or have a speech impairment.
- Send the message.
- Be ready to answer questions and follow instructions.
- Use simple words.
- Do not use abbreviations, emojis, pictures or slang. (BRB, IDK, THX, for example)
- Do not text and drive.
- It is illegal to file a false report thru Text 911.
TEXT 91 FACT: You can call 911 if you don't have service. Any working phone will do. BUT, you must have a mobile capable of sending text messages to text 911.
Listen to James Rabe 6a to 10a on Y-105 FM