Snapchat Video Could Lead to Arson Charges in Rochester Case
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A Snapchat video has resulted in a criminal investigation by the Rochester Police Department. Lieutenant Mike Sadauskis says an 18-year-old woman contacted the Police Department Tuesday afternoon and reported that she had been sent a video through the social media site that showed three people burning some of her property in a grill. The young woman identified one of the people seen in the video as the former girlfriend of her current boyfriend.
Sadauskis says the property burned in the video included two Coach purses and other fashion brand items and the value of the destroyed property could be as high as $1,000. The woman indicated the trio in the video, who range in age from 18 to 48-years-old, apparently obtained her property after she left the items in a friend’s car and she allowed one of the women involved in the incident to drive the vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing, but Sadauskis says it’s possible that arson charges could be filed in the case.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App – available on Apple and Android devices.