Man Charged With Abduction and Cannon Falls High Speed Chase
Cannon Falls, Mn (KROC-AM News) - Multiple felony charges were filed today against a Minneapolis man accused of abducting the woman and leading Cannon Falls Police on a high-speed chase.
25-year-old Daquairius Black was arraigned in Goodhue County Court on kidnapping, false imprisonment fleeing police and illegal possession of a firearm. His bail was set at $1 million.
The chase began when Cannon Falls Police responded to a convenience store where a woman told the employees she had been abducted. The criminal complaint says she later told investigators she had been in Minneapolis attending a concert with her boyfriend when the two of them got into a fight and she mistook Black's vehicle for a rideshare service and got into it.
She alleges Black drove away with her inside his vehicle and refused her requests to be let out. Instead, the victim says Black repeatedly instructed her to perform sexual acts on him before he finally stopped at the convenience store in Cannon Falls after she complained about needing to use the bathroom.
According to the criminal complaint, at the beginning of the chase, Black sped away from the Cannon Falls business when police arrived and crashed his vehicle into a squad car driven by City's Police Chief Jeff McCormick. The charges say the collision sent both vehicles into the front yard of a residence in Cannon Falls and allege Black nearly hit a woman when he drove his vehicle back onto the roadway and continued to flee. He was eventually arrested in Faribault following a chase that began in Cannon Falls and hits speeds exceeding 120 mph.
LOOK: Home 12 Miles from Rochester Has River View from Every Window!
- Main floor living with a river view from all the main living spaces!
- Enjoy the four-season porch with stunning views and a gas-burning fireplace to enjoy regardless of the temperatures outside.
- A newly updated kitchen and main floor living is an open concept with a masonry wood-burning, high efficient fireplace in the living area.
- Open kitchen/dining/living room - three bedrooms on the main.
- Primary Bedroom is large, with sliding glass doors to the outside, a walk-in shower, and a walk-in closet with lots of storage.
- The architectural lines in the home add beauty and interest. Attached is an oversized 3-car attached garage. If you want a quiet retreat at the end of the day, this could be your next home.
- It sits on a small cul de sac with an excellent view/access and lots of green space.