Horace Hills Irvine, a successful businessman from Minneapolis, built a giant nine-bedroom, eight-bathroom house for his family in 1912. The house would become the “Governor’s mansion” when the Irvine daughters donated the property to the state of Minnesota in 1965.

Today, the building serves as the official home of the Governor and family. To date, 11 First Families have called the property home. Keep scrolling to take a peek at the inside and outside of this historic 16,000 square foot house.