ABC’s 20/20 To Feature Missing Iowa News Anchor Jodi Huisentruit Friday Night
The abduction of Jodi Huisentruit will be the focus of ABC’s 20/20 Friday the 28th on ABC.
In June, it'll be 27 years since Jodi Huisentruit was on her way to work at KIMT-TV in Mason City, Iowa when she was abducted. Since then, her abduction has been the focus of countless programs, news reports, podcasts, and conversations around kitchen tables.
This isn't the first time 20/20 has delved into Huisentruit's 1995 disappearance. Twice before they've discussed how little evidence there is, how there are no eye-witnesses, and how no one has been charged with abducting her. This will be the third time 20/20 has featured the unsolved 1995 abduction of the missing Mason City, Iowa anchorwoman.
Members of the FindJodi team were interviewed for the 2-hour episode. They're hopeful this show will lead to answers. FindJodi produces the FINDJOSI podcast. and I'd recommend listening to this episode of the show before you watch 20/20 Friday night. It gives an in-depth description of the case.
First Five of 27 Facts from findjodi.com
- Jodi apparently had overslept on the morning of June 27, 1995. She was supposed to be at KIMT-TV, in Mason City, IA, by 3:30 a.m.to begin her news anchor shift. Jodi had spent the day before at the Mason City Chamber of Commerce golf tournament and dinner. She left the Mason City Country Club shortly before 8 p.m. and called a friend in Mississippi at 8:24 p.m.
- When Jodi failed to show up for work, KIMT-TV assistant producer Amy Kuns awakened Jodi with a phone call about 4:10 a.m. Amy said Jodi assured her she’d be right into work to anchor the 6 a.m. newscast in the studio, located about a mile away. Amy later said nothing sounded out of the ordinary when she talked briefly with Jodi on her landline.
- Amy said Jodi had occasionally been late before.
- Jodi was apparently abducted about 20 minutes later, next to her car, parked just 12 feet from the entrance of her apartment building.
- During the struggle with her abductor, the key to Jodi’s red 1991 Mazda Miata was slightly bent, her red heels, blow dryer, earrings and hair spray were found scattered on the ground nearby.
If you have information about Jodi’s case, you can reach the Mason City Police Department at (641) 421-3636. Or you can share information with the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation at (515) 725-6010 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also reach the Find Jodi team anonymously at FindJodi: (970) 458-JODI (5634) or via email: Team@FindJodi.com.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
Click Play to Hear The Y-105FM Early Morning Show Radio-On-Demand Podcast
Got Some Money? No? Then Dream Along WIth Us!