Rochester Public Library Roof Replacement Project To Begin Next Week
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A project that will repair and replace the roof of the Rochester Public Library will start next week.
According to a news release from the City of Rochester, the repairs and replacement to the building roof will start on Monday, August 15th, and last approximately two months.
The release said the existing roof is the original roof that was installed when the facility was built in 1995 with minor repairs over the course of time. The City said the library’s roof “is beyond its useful life requiring replacement and additional related repairs. Roof replacement will contribute to the energy efficiency of the building.
The total cost of the project is expected to be approximately $1.3 million and is being supported by American Rescue Act Plan allocations.
The crane and staging area will be in front of RPL on 2nd ST SE, because of the location there will not be parking in the front of the building. The City did say the sidewalk and library entrance will be accessible, and the Civic Center Ramp, which is connected to RPL, will not be impacted.
There will be two lanes eastbound and one lane westbound open on 2nd ST SE.
“We’re grateful for this important work to begin, knowing it will protect one of the city’s most-visited assets,” RPL Director Karen Lemke said. “While there may be noise impacts, we anticipate the library will remain open for the duration of the project."
Merritt Contracting was the selected provider after a bid process occurred and the bid was approved by the City Council. You can follow along with updates on the repairs and roof replacement here.
GALLERY: $650,000 Rare Pill Hill Home for Sale with 6 Places To Pee!
- Nicely updated & modernized mid-century home is sure to grab your attention. Curb appeal and coveted location near Downtown, Folwell Elementary and parks/trails!
- Rare find, only available due to seller's relocation plan.
- Walk to Folwell School & Mayo Clinic Campus.
- Delight in the details of this home with hardwood floors throughout, detailed built-ins, crown molding, French doors, and 2 fireplaces.
- 5 bedrooms
- 6 TOTAL BATHS
- House has a new roof as of June 2022, a new garage floor, and driveway concrete.
- Over 50k recent updates inside the house. Be blown away with its artfully designed front and back yard.
- Partially fenced back yard for privacy and could easily be fully fenced for pets. This is the home.