Extra! Extra! Rochester Landmark Shoe Repair Shop for Sale
Is Rochester's Shoe Repair Shop count ready to drop from one to none?
Back in April, Boston Shoe and Boot Repair in the Apache Mall, announced they were closing their doors. Boston Shoe and Boot Repair has been open in Rochester for 104 years, the last 50 at the mall. Now another shoe repair shop's building has popped up for sale.
Perusing real estate for sale is one of my weekly "chores." That's in quotes because I love jumping on the internet doohickey, searching "real estate for sale" and touring homes and businesses...and sometimes just plots of land.
That's how I came across this business for sale, being brokered by Property Brokers of Minnesota.
Thee Only Shoe Repair Is For Sale $189,900
If you want to stay in the shoe, boot, zippers, coats, jackets, purses, and luggage repair business, they're taking the machines with them. So, maybe reach out to Thee Only Shoe Repair owner, Jim Derouin to see if you can make a deal there or something. The shop was started in 1963.
The house has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and though there are no photos of it, the upstairs could be an apartment to rent out if that's something that interests you.
LOOK: Your Chance to Buy Landmark Business in Rochester
- There could be an apartment on the second floor.
- All machinery will be removed prior to closing.
- Off-street parking and alley access.
- Close to Silver Lake and right on North Broadway for maximum exposure for any business.
If Thee Only Shoe Repair isn't what you're looking to buy, how about a 54-acre flower farm? It's called Hidden Springs Flower Farm and it can be yours for 1,495,000.
Own Your Own Gorgeous Flower Farm in Southeast Minnesota for $1,495,000!
- 53.54 acres in Spring Grove, Minnesota
- Greenhouse and Nursery building which is heated but also has a walk-in cooler, bathroom, and office
- architect-designed home and acreage which also has a pond, woods, open fields, and many trees which includes several fruit-bearing trees
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com