Life Threatening Allergy Risk Reason For Latest Recall in Minnesota
A product sold at Aldi stores throughout Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and throughout the United States has been recalled due to incorrect labeling on the product and could be dangerous for someone with a food allergy.
Salad Dressing Recall at Aldi Stores Throughout Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and the United States
If you suffer from food allergies, I get it. I have a soy allergy and when I go shopping, my habit is to turn every package over and scan the nutrition label to make sure it is safe for me to eat. If I don't, I could end up with a mouth full of sores which are super uncomfortable. Unfortunately, a product sold at Aldi's was recalled recently because the labeling was not correct and anyone suffering from a wheat or soy allergy needs to check their fridge and pantries.
According to the FDA.gov website, TreeHouse Foods, Inc. is voluntarily recalling a salad dressing that was sold at Aldi's stores between August 23rd, 2022 and September 23rd, 2022.
Details of the Product Recalled
- A product sold and labeled as Restaurant Style Italian Dressing may contain Asian Sesame Dressing instead. Due to the wrong product in the bottle, the wrong allergens are listed.
- . The Restaurant Style Italian Dressing label indicates the allergens egg and dairy are in the product
- The Asian Sesame Dressing product contains the allergens soy and wheat.
- Product is a 16 oz. bottle and was sold at Aldi stores between August 23rd, 2022 and September 23rd, 2022.
- UPC number and best if used by date which can be found below the neck of the bottle are as follows:
- UPC Number - 4099100074871 Best if Used By Date - 08/10/2023
What to do if you have purchased the salad dressing that is part of the recall
According to the report on the FDA.gov website, anyone that has purchased the product that has been recalled are asked to do one of the two options:
- dispose of the product
- return the product where it was purchased for a full refund.
Anyone with additional questions can call 800-596-2902.