‘Kites on Ice’ Festival Returning to Buffalo, MN February 13th
Winters can get long in Minnesota, but luckily we know how to make the most of it and beat the blues.
The third annual "Kites on Ice" Festival will be returning to Buffalo Lake in downtown Buffalo. This event is being put on by the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce and will feature free activities, food trucks, a cornhole tournament, beer garden and more.
Having the winter blues? Let us brighten your day!
Experienced show kite flyers from Minnesota and the Midwest will demonstrate their skills with kites of all colors, shapes and sizes.
The Facebook event gives a list of what guests are encouraged to bring:
- The kids. There is tentatively going to be a kite building workshop for them to build their own flying creations.
- An appetite. Food trucks will be set up, as well as a beer garden, hot cocoa and treats.
- Bring it on, and get ready to play in the cornhole tournament for a cash prize.
- A sense of adventure. While you're in Buffalo check out some of the great local shops, restaurants, and other establishments.
- A camera to take pictures of this fun-filled day.
The festival will be taking place on Buffalo Lake (which is frozen), and nearby Sturges Park on Saturday, February 13th from 11 am - 3 pm. To stay up to date with the event, be sure you RSVP on the event's Facebook page.