How Much Money Are the Minnesota Vikings Worth Right Now?
Every NFL team is worth a LOT of money these days, but what is the net worth of our own Minnesota Vikings right now?
When you're looking at just HOW much money any professional sports team is worth, there are going to be a lot of zeros involved, right? Because whether it's the Minnesota Wild, the Minnesota Twins, the Minnesota Timberwolves or pretty much any other professional sports team, the value these days is measured in billions of dollars.
And so it is with the Minnesota Vikings. Even though they've started the 2023 NFL season on the wrong note (as of September 25th, they're still looking for their first win of the season) they've still been a pretty decent investment for the Wilf family.
ALSO INTERESTING: The #1 Drunkest City in America Is Here in Minnesota
According to Statista, the Wilf family bought the team back in 2005 for the now-bargain price of $600 million. And, suffice it to say, their investment has paid off, as the team is now worth an estimated 3.65 BILLION dollars in 2023! In case you're curious, that's about a 508% increase over the last 18 years the Wilfs have owned the team!
But as impressive as that figure is, it pales in comparison to what other NFL teams are worth these days. In fact, according to Forbes data crunched by the gang over at MightyTips.com, the Vikings rank third from last in net worth of all NFL teams. Check out the full rankings below along with each team's estimated worth in 2023:
- Dallas Cowboys - $9,000,000,000
- Los Angeles Rams - $6,900,000,000
- New England Patriots - $7,000,000,00
- New York Giants - $6,800,000,000
- Chicago Bears - $6,300,000,000
- Las Vegas Raiders - $6,200,000,000
- New York Jets - $6,100,000,000
- Washington Commanders - $6,050,000,000
- Miami Dolphins - $5,700,000,000
- Philadelphia Eagles - $5,800,000,000
- San Francisco 49ers - $6,000,000,000
- Houston Texans - $5,500,000,000
- Denver Broncos - $5,100,000,000.
- Seattle Seahawks - $5,000,000,000
- Cleveland Browns - $4,620,000,000
- Atlanta Falcons - $4,700,000,000
- Tennessee Titans -$4,400,000,000
- Green Bay Packers - $4,600,000,000
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - $4,200,000,000
- Pittsburgh Steelers - $4,630,000,000
- Baltimore Ravens - $4,630,000,000
- Kansas City Chiefs - $4,300,000,000
- Indianapolis Colts - $4,350,000,000
- Los Angeles Chargers - $4,150,000,000
- Carolina Panthers - $4,100,000,000
- New Orleans Saints - $4,080,000,000
- Jacksonville Jaguars - $4,000,000,000
- Arizona Cardinals - $3,800,000,000
- Buffalo Bills - $3,700,000,000
- Minnesota Vikings - $3,650,000,000
- Detroit Lions - $3,600,000,000
- Cincinnati Bengals - $5,355,000,000
Now, the good news (aside from their investment returning over 530% over the past 17 years) for the Wilfs, is that those numbers are only going to go even higher. MightyTips says the worth of the Vikings is expected to jump from $3,650,000,000 in 2023 to nearly $5,327,500,000 in the next five years!
And while they're not professional sports owners, the following folks are doing too badly in the income department, either-- because they're the Highest-Paid Professional Athletes here in Minnesota in 2023. Keep scrolling to see who made the list!
Listen to Curt St. John in the Morning
Weekdays from 6 to 10 a.m. on Quick Country 96.5
Minnesota's Highest-Paid Pro Athletes in 2023