Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - It could be the end of the road Monday for the Bloom project that was first proposed for downtown Rochester a few years ago.

Bloom International Realty recently terminated its purchase agreement with the city for its planned project along the Zumbro River between 2nd and 4th streets.

Bloom Purchase Agreement Termination letter

The city and Bloom spent three years working on a development agreement that included about $20-million in public assistance. The project called for a 20 story tower with living units for seniors on the south end of the site and a 28 story hotel/condo tower on the north end.

Assistant City Administrator Terry Spaeth said Friday afternoon, “The City has not received any correspondence or submittal for a request to amend the approved plans, and at this time we are under the assumption that the approved project is not going forward. “

The City Council is scheduled to discuss the situation at its afternoon committee of the whole meeting.

Last month 2nd ward council member Michael Wojcik told KROC News he was upset about the Bloom decision. He said he expects Bloom to live up to its agreement and meet the required deadlines. If not, he would like the city to consider seeking other proposals for the site.

News Update: Good weather for a Rochester sleigh ride.