Rochester Home Catches Fire; Two Deadly Fires in Minnesota
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Rochester firefighters were called to the Parkside Mobile Home Park along Marion Rd Tuesday night to deal with a blaze that began under a residence.
The call came in around 10:00 PM from Lot #64.
Although the blaze was put out right away, the department says it caused significant fire and smoke damage estimated at $25,000.
The fire was caused by a portable heater that was being used to thaw frozen water pipes. No injuries were reported. Temperatures at the time were about -10 and wind chill readings were -20 to -30 degrees.
There have been at least two deadly house fires in Minnesota.
One was reported in Hibbing around 1:30 AM Tuesday and firefighters arrived to find a child outside. Two adults and two children were found in the house after the fire was put out. The adults were pronounced dead at the scene while the three children were taken to a hospital. One later died and another remains in critical condition.
A gofundme account has been set up for the family and it identifies the child who died as a 9-year-old boy. His 7-year-old brother is being treated for smoke inhalation.
The other deadly fire happened Monday afternoon in Marshall. It’s believed the victim lived at the house that was wiped out by the fire.
Also in the news: A northern Minnesota man survives a night in a stuck car.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App
http://krocam.com/app/ – available on Apple and Android devices.