Possible Major Break in Jacob Wetterling Case
Undated (KROC AM News) – There may be a major development in the Jacob Wetterling case.
He was 11-years-old when he was kidnapped from near his St. Joseph, Minnesota home in 1989.
The case drew widespread attention last October when a person described as a longtime suspect in the Wetterling kidnapping was arrested on child pornography charges. The man – 53-year-old Daniel Heinrich – has been in custody since then, awaiting trial.
KSTP TV is reporting he has apparently decided to cooperate and has provided information on where the missing boy’s remains could be found. KSTP says remains were recovered Thursday at an undisclosed location in central Minnesota and DNA tests will be conducted to determine if they are those of Jacob.
KSTP says it contacted Jacob’s mother Friday night but she hung up before a reporter could ask her about this possible development.